June 19, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Travel!

Isla Margarita

Isla Margarita

Isla Margarita

Isla Margarita

Some of the best memories I have from growing up happened while travelling. Luckily enough, my parents not only chose to give me a world-class education, which taught me to get out of the box––sometimes probably too much, too often– and find the magic in different cultures and societies that coexist in our world.

One of the trips I remember the most––probably for its simplicity and its close distance to home, yet its adventure and beauty––was when we went to Isla Margarita, in Venezuela, when I was around 8. I'm pretty sure that when I was that young, I didn't realise how important travelling was to me, or how it would shape the way I view the world today. But I did love seeing the world from a different perspective, and in a place completely different to the city I've called home for the past two decades... Especially when there were horses and birds around!

Love,