September 17, 2014

Restaurant Outings: Fig & Olive

I'm finally starting to feel more settled down in New York, which means that I am ready to start exploring everything that the city has to offer for its inhabitants––and I guess some of the tourist-y things as well!

Last week I had the chance to go to Fig & Olive––on 52nd Street, just off of 5th Ave––and I couldn't enjoy it more. I really love Mediterranean food––which was actually one of the main reasons why I chose this restaurant––and this place is likely to become one of my go-to restaurants in New York... Although I probably want to try a few new places before going back!

First of all, I feel like I should mention the olive oil was just amazing. I believe it is one of the signature offerings of the restaurant––which means you were probably expecting to hear the olive oil was good––but it is worth making the remark. It was truly incredible!

Fig & Olive

After the bread, we kicked off with melone e burrata and truffle mushroom croquette. The melon was sweet and the burrata absolutely perfect... But I must say that the mushrooms were my favourite. It had been a long while since I last experienced such an intense pleasure in having just a little bite of food. I probably could have ordered three or four servings of mushrooms and eaten them all!

Fig & Olive

Fig & Olive

We then had lobster bisqué...

Fig & Olive

...followed by paella del mar and primavera lobster risotto to share. The paella was excellent... Although I must say I would stay with the risotto! It is a little spicy, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're not that much into the spices. But I loved it!

Fig & Olive

Fig & Olive

We ended up with a crème brulée cheesecake. It wasn't very big, but my stomach wouldn't have been able to handle anything bigger anyway. And it was very tasty, which is what really matters.

Fig & Olive

All in all, it was an excellent night, full of the food I love! I sincerely recommend visiting Fig & Olive. If you're still not sure, you can check out their menu here. If you're already sold––I would be––make sure you book a reservation before arriving, as the place gets busy quickly!

Love,
Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio