April 22, 2013

White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies

White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies

I've always been quite like the Cookie Monster! I really, really enjoy eating cookies, especially when there's chocolate on them! White chocolate & cranberry has been one of my favourites ever since I worked at a summer camp back in 2011, but the last time I had them was long ago... On Friday, I had some free time to bake some delicious cookies! They made me so happy! And, to be honest, they were absolutely yummy!!! So now I'm sharing my recipe with you :)

Ingredients

3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips


Preparation
  1. In a large bowl, soften the butter and then mix in the sugar until you obtain a creamy and consistent mixture, with a bright color.
  2. Add the egg and vanilla extract, to make the mixture humid. Then mix in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
  3. Stir in the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
  4. Leave the dough covered and let it chill for one hour.
  5. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  6. Drop balls (the size of a tablespoon) on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until they are slightly golden.
  7. Let them cool down for around 10-15 minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet.

Some Tips

When I went to buy the ingredients at the grocery store, I couldn't find any white chocolate chips. What I decided to do instead, was to buy plain white chocolate and cut it into pieces, that I added to my dough. Another thing that can be hard to find is a cookie sheet. You can use aluminium foil instead of it if you find hard to find it!

Chilling is essential. The recommended time is one hour, but you could leave the dough chill for up to three days. This will give consistency to the cookies when you bake them.

The baking time is short, although it could change depending on how high away from the ocean you are. I would recommend letting the cookies bake until they are slightly golden. This should take around 10 minutes but, sometimes, it can take a few more (or less) minutes than that.

Love,






Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio