May 15, 2013

Sunset Boulevard

Sunset Boulevard

Sunset Boulevard

One thing I always complain about my city is the weather: I thought it was the place where the weather has the most bipolar behaviour in the whole world... Until I spent a complete summer in Maine and realised that I could live with this weather!!! But I honestly wish we could have proper seasons here, instead of having them a little bit of each one of them everyday!

I know many of you probably don't understand what I'm talking about... So to make you feel a little more in context, let me explain. Colombia is near the Equator, which means we don't have classic seasons; instead, we have two rainy seasons: december and june. The temperature depends on how high on the mountains we are: the higher, the colder. The city where I live is normally around 18 C and cloudy. But, sometimes we wake up with a very warm and sunny day and, around noon, it starts raining as if the sky were going to fall... And sometimes it's just the opposite. You could wear 3 different outfits every day and you can never tell! Which means you're never prepared for the day!

However, Mother Nature has been quite kind to us these past few days, thankfully! This means we've had some sun and the temperature has been warmer than normal! And that's why I decided to wear this amazing spring look, with a beautiful floral print! There's absolutely nothing more spring than flowers...

And to shoot the pictures, there couldn't be a better location! Diego and I went looking for a cool place to shoot near home, and we discovered this beautiful street! It's only 2 blocks away from home, and I honestly can't believe how come we hadn't seen it before! It is SO pretty! The light was also perfect for the shoot, right before the sunset. I couldn't be happier with the result! It was so magical, that I suddenly felt transported to Sunset Boulevard in California! I wish I could find this kind of places more often!

Love,