May 20, 2013

DIY mugs

DIY Mugs

There's one thing I've probably never talked about on the blog before, and it's my love for mugs. I can't get enough of them! I'm constantly looking around for more and more mugs with beautiful designs to collect. As you might have already guessed, my favourite mugs are horse-themed. But my obsession doesn't limit to those. A couple of weeks ago, for instance, I bought a beautiful one with two antique cars on it (although it was meant for Diego to use it, rather than myself)...

But I found out about a month ago how to do DIY personalised mugs. Isn't it amazing? It was a shame, though, that we didn't have time to do them before, since I was dying to share the how-to's on this project on a blog post for so long! We finally had the time to do them last night (read we: Diego, my sister and I), and we spent some time just having fun, drinking tea and doing our personalised mugs!

You'll Need...

DIY Mugs

Believe it or not, there are only two ingredients to this recipe: mugs and permanent markers. That's it! Oh, and you'll need an oven, since that's the secret for the ink of the permanent markers to stay.

What You Should Do

Once you've decided what you want your personalised mug to look like, use a pencil to draw it!

DIY Mugs

Then use the permanent markers to make your beautiful design

DIY Mugs

Put your mug in the oven (preheated at 350ºF), and leave it there for 30 minutes. Once you bring out your mug, don't use it or wash it until it has completely cooled down, otherwise you'll ruin your design.

DIY Mugs

These personalised mugs will stay with you, unless you put them on the washing machine. You need to hand wash them in order to make sure the ink won't run away.

Love,