May 24, 2013

Reasons To Love Portugal: Get Lost In A Sea Of Books!

Reasons to Love Portugal: Books!

Reasons to Love Portugal: Books!

Reasons to Love Portugal: Books!

Reasons to Love Portugal: Books!

Reasons to Love Portugal: Books!

Reasons to Love Portugal: Books!

You might have guessed by now how much of a book junkie I am... Ever since I have a memory, I've loved escaping from this world and diving into a book. To be honest, I don't usually have a preference; I read everything ranging from fiction to biography to novel to short story... You just name it! I also do read a lot of interesting articles on the Internet, but we'll talk about that later. I want today's post to be about books!

So, now that I've made my confession about my mad book addiction, I can introduce my Friday Favourite of the week: FILBO. This is an international book fair that takes place every year in Bogota. It lasts a couple of weeks, and you can just go there and get drunk in books. Nothing I could love more! This year, it took place in the last few days of April, and Portugal was the Guest of Honor. Which means that there were lots of lovely things about Portugal all over the place.

One of the things I liked the most was the exhibition I'm sharing with you in this post. It was all about introducing us, FILBO attendants, to this amazing country. It was all about the sea, since Portugal itself is all about the sea. It had some amazing pictures from wonderful places I can't wait to visit (hopefully soon enough) in Portugal, as well as some art. The details also contributed to the atmosphere: there were pieces of cloth in the ceiling, simulating what waves look like when you're underwater in the ocean. I honestly fell in love with this whole Portugal thing... Can we travel to Portugal now?

Love,