May 17, 2013

Hello, Summer!

Sunrise

After a very long time spent studying, I can finally say I'm free! And you can't imagine how good that feels! Summer's one of my favourite seasons, and the main reason for that is probably because I get to travel and wear dresses... What else can I ask for?

I can also say that, thankfully, summer has always been quite a great time for me... I've spent the season in Paris, Summer Camp and New York, to list a few amazing experiences. But, no matter where in the world I spend the Summer, what I love the most about it is having time to do whatever I feel like doing. This includes reading a good book, letting my mind fly away of this world and come up with new incredible ideas or just take a nap. I also usually spend more hours at the stable than usual, sharing amazing moments with Coco, my beloved horse (I introduced him to you on this post).

This summer will be no different than those I've lived in the past, for sure! Last night, after my last final, I started reading a book Diego recommended: Kafka on the Shore, by Haruki Murakami. And I got so absorbed, I'll have to get another one soon. (Any suggestions out there?) Today, I spent the morning riding under a blue, sunny sky! Diego just came home and we're going out in a while for some dessert. The sun's still up, so I hope we can go for a promenade, another of my favourite things about summer!

Travel will also be a big thing this season. Just to give you something to look forward to (since you'll be reading my posts about it), I'll be going to Europe for three weeks. I'm not telling whereabouts yet, because I love surprises and I want to give one to you! Diego will spend the summer in lovely New York, where I'll also spend a couple of weeks this summer, meeting him. There's no place in the world I love more than The City, and I just can't wait to go back!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio

PS. I took the photo in this post back in Summer 2011, when I worked as a riding instructor at a Summer Camp. It was one of the best experiences in my life, and I'll never forget it. The Camp was in Maine, where landscapes are the most beautiful ever... Which you can see from this amazing sunrise!