October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween

Halloween's coming, Halloween's coming
Skeletons will be after you...


I remember I learned this song when I was probably in Kindergarten, and I still can't help but wanting to sing it all day long whenever I realise how close Halloween is.

I don't know about you, but I personally love Halloween. I'm not much of a dress-up person, but I do love seeing lots of amazing costumes in the streets... And I also love celebrating. And having a week-long sugar overdose! So, to celebrate such a wonderful occasion, I hosted a Halloween party with my high school girlfriends last Saturday. We hadn't been together in ages, so it was a perfect excuse for a reunion. And nothing could have been better! We had lots of fun, chatting around, acting like weird monsters and making funny faces.

Happy Halloween

We also had some good food. And sweets! For the menu, I chose to give them some mummies, made of sausages covered with pastry and mustard eyes. The dessert were tombs, made of chocolate pudding and smashed Oreo cookies... Plus lots of sweets––including some other tombs, with ghosts around, made by some of my friends. For the drinks, we had eye cocktails (that can include whatever you choose, but the ice cubes must be made with lychees with something inside to make them look like actual eyes) and brain shots (which are rum shots with lemon and some drops of Irish cream –the lemon is essential to get the brain effect!).

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

Don't get spooked by a ghost!

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio