January 18, 2014

Travel Diaries: Rome, Day 4

Being in the conference that I'm making part of has left me very little time to explore Rome and rest. On some days, it has also left me little time to eat, especially at lunch time. This is exactly what happened on my fourth day, when lunch was a wrap followed by an espresso and some porchetta––which actually made up for lunch, as it was very good!

However, after spending the whole day in the conference, my hard work was rewarded when I was taken for dinner in Trastevere. I personally love this neighbourhood of Rome because, although buildings are probably not as mesmerising at the Coliseo or the Vatican City, you can still see the beautiful architecture this's city has. I also love walking past restaurants and trattorie every 50 m and seeing all the activity of the city at nighttime.

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Of course, you can't come to Rome without going to have dinner in Trastevere at least once. Which is why I always try to go as many times as possible. We went to a pizzeria called Dar Poeta, where I ate the biggest meal I've had in this trip so far. I'd say I probably ate more than the second day, when we had our huge Italian traditional dinner.

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

As a starter, I chose some mozzarella di bufala, followed by bruschette con pesto e ricotta. Then I had a pizza bufala, which was made with––you guessed it––mozzarella di bufala and tomatoes. For dessert, we shared a calzone filled with Nutella and ricotta, which became my new favourite!

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

Rome, January 2014

I'm really sad my time in Rome is reaching and end... Can't I continue traveling forever?!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio