January 2, 2014

Receiving The New Year

New Year's Eve 2014

For New Years Eve, I wanted to share some time with my mum and my sister, while doing something calmed and relaxed. So instead of going out partying, we went for dinner at La Mina Steak & Lobster (which is located at the JW Marriott Bogota hotel), one of my mum's favourite restaurants in Bogota.

New Year's Eve 2014

New Year's Eve 2014

The menu consisted of six dishes, all of which were absolutely delicious.

We started with crunchy crab claws with a thai peanut sphere over smoked panka hot pepper.

New Year's Eve 2014

Then we had a foie gras terrine, with bagel crunch, lychee foam, and balsamic syrup.

New Year's Eve 2014

We moved into a warm prawn ceviche with sweet potato and manchego cheese dauphin.

New Year's Eve 2014

By this moment, we were ready to cut all the flavour out with a red fruits and ciroc vodka sherbet.

New Year's Eve 2014

Have I mentioned there was a saxophonist playing live all the time?

New Year's Eve 2014

Our main dish consisted of two parts: salmon with osceta prestige caviar over cilantro mashed potatoes and red wine vinaigrette, and Surf and Turf (i.e. steak with green pepper sauce and garlic stone crab), with potatoes stuffed with corn.

New Year's Eve 2014

I chose to drink some Chardonnay with my supper, which was absolutely perfect! I think this might be my favourite type of white wine!

New Year's Eve 2014

New Year's Eve 2014

Finally, for dessert, we had a pistacchio crème brulée––which was my favourite––a chocolate cake and some sort of grape flan with ice cream. I must admit that this was probably my least favourite part of dinner, in part because I was full by the end of my main dish, but also partly because I didn't understand the flavour of the flan.

New Year's Eve 2014

Naturally, with all that food, we needed to have some herbal tea to help our digestion.

New Year's Eve 2014

At this point, we had already spent around three hours eating, and we finished just in time to cheer the New Year. We drank some champagne and saw the fireworks in the hotel's terrace...

New Year's Eve 2014

...Just before going back home to sleep happily, with our bellies full––until yesterday around 2pm!

New Year's Eve 2014

Love,


Oh, and my mum and my sister wish you all a Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve 2014

Winter Essentials: Beanies and Parkas