January 28, 2014

Travel Diaries: Naples, Day 1

After spending about a week in Rome and Terni, we went down to Naples, to continue with the conferences. To be honest, I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I was really excited because I had never been the re before. On the other, I was a little scared because my team-mates for the conference are more or less like brothers and sisters, and I didn't know if I would fit in. Thankfully, they welcomed me as part of the family and we all had an amazing time!

Naples is supposed to be the city with good weather, all year round. However, for some unknown reason, it didn't stop raining during the time we went there. So a rainy Naples received us, making us get soaked as we tried to pull our suitcases into the hotel! Our conference was held in a beautiful castle, which I had time to explore with one of my friends before we started working.

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Although it's definitely better when you look at it from the outside... And during the sunset!

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

After spending the day working, we went for dinner to one of the most important places of the city. It's a pizzeria called Starita, which is famous around the world. They've also got a place in New York (Don Antonio, 50th Street b/w 8th & 9th), which I will probably be visiting soon––read: March.

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

We had fried pizza bread with tomatoes and arugula, followed by a pizza Capricciosa (with mushrooms, artichokes, mozzarella, tomato and prosciutto), and ending with fried pizza bread with Nutella. I honestly can't choose which was my favourite part of this meal. I could eat it over and over again!

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

After dinner, we went out to wander around the city. Unfortunately, it was still raining, so our walk didn't last for long. But we got to discover the magic of this wonderful city, and I bet we all fell in love with it after a couple of minutes walking in its streets!

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Naples, January 2014

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio