June 30, 2013

Travel Diaries: Paris, Day 1

Musée du Louvre

Our first official day in Paris was full of art, since we decided to spend it in museums. In the morning, we went to the Louvre, one of my favourites! As the art lover she is, my sister was really excited to see all the amazing masterpieces in there!

I didn't take many pictures in there, but I could grab a piece of one of my favourite (and most well-known) sculptures there: la Vénus du Milo, which you can see above. Getting to know the whole museum is a bit too difficult, but I could say we got to see quite a lot. From ancient Egypt to the renaissance, we had a quick tour and an amazing morning.

After such a long walk in the Louvre, we were really tired and hungry, but didn't want to spend a long time having lunch. So we went our to rue Rivoli and searched for a bistrot where we could have something quick. I chose to have a croque monsieur, one of my favourite french dishes. I also ate a lot of bread! You can't even imagine!

Croque Monsieur

We then spent the afternoon at Centre Pompidou, seeing a unique collection of modern and contemporary art. These periods are probably my sister's favourites, so it definitely was a great time! Here are some pictures of the best things I saw:

Centre Pompidou

Centre Pompidou

Centre Pompidou

Centre Pompidou

Centre Pompidou

Centre Pompidou

Centre Pompidou

Centre Pompidou

After a day full of culture and art, we decided to go to Champs Elysées to have dinner. We went to Café George V, where we spent the next hour or so (maybe even more, we took our time eating!). The place lies in the middle of the avenue, which means that while you're eating, you get to see both Paris natives and tourists all the time! And what caught my attention at the first moment were the chairs: they have the shape of lips!

Café George V
<.div>

We had delicious champagne with raspberry licquor and made our first toast for all the adventures that had just started on this amazing trip.

Café George V

Café George V

And after the toast, it was time for dinner. We started with pastries with mint, followed by Parisienne salad and a typical French duck. For dessert, we had a Nutella crepe (which was sadly gone before I could take a picture). It was a huge dinner, but it was absolutely delicious! Although I still vote for street crepes as the best in the world!

Café George V

Café George V

Café George V

Very full and happy, sending you love from Paris,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio