May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Celebrations

Mother's Day Celebrations

Mother's Day Celebrations

Mother's Day Celebrations

Mother's Day Celebrations

Mother's Day Celebrations

Mother's Day Celebrations

After a full week of endless and sleepless nights trying to finish writing my undergraduate thesis, I'm finally done with my undergrad degree. I just need to finish my Garment History journal in order to be ready for graduation!

And what better way to celebrate than having a good time with Mum and Sister while celebrating Mother's Day? We wanted to have our own private little celebration, so no restaurants were allowed. Instead, I decided to cook for Mum.

The menu?

Some classic French dishes Mum loves. I made baked Camembert as an entrée, followed by Piperade as the main course. Both of them are made to be eaten with bread, meaning they were perfect for Mum, who couldn't live without eating at least one good piece bread every day! We drank some cabernet sauvignon, which was meant to be the perfect wine to match the strong taste of bell peppers in the Piperade. For dessert, I made some crêpes with butter and caramel, which left us happy and ready to take a nap!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio