October 3, 2014

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

You might now how much I love tea. Although drinking dozens of cups of tea everyday normally satisfies my tea-appetite, I do prefer having the whole experience, drinking tea with finger sandwiches and scones.

Being in New York, the best place to go for Afternoon Tea has got to be The Plaza. Unfortunately, The Palm Court––which is where tea is normally served––was renovated recently, so it is only offering breakfast services for now, and is not yet offering the afternoon tea service. However, there is a similar service being offered right now at The Champagne Bar. Although this one is not as magical as The Palm Court, the afternoon tea is still more than amazing, and the place is more than wonderful.

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

Naturally, we started out with some finger sandwiches. My favourite one was the Deviled Quail Egg Salad––just because it doesn't taste like any other egg salad sandwich you'll ever have.

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

Then came the scones... And the apricot preserves were more than perfect! Although I guess the lemon creme doesn't fall far behind them...

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

And dessert. Need I say this is always my favourite part of the meal?!

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

Oh, and tea, of course! I must confess, though, that I was a little disappointed at the beginning by the fact that the only options of tea available were English Breakfast and Earl Grey. However, when I tasted the first tiny sip of my Earl Grey order, I realised how mistaken I had been. There is definitely nothing better than real, freshly-brewed tea!

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

Tea Afternoon at The Plaza

I guess I'll have to go back soon––once The Palm Court relaunches the service––and maybe this time I'll also get some champagne.

Love,
  Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio