October 28, 2014

Killer Heels at the Brooklyn Museum

Killer Heels Exhibit - Brooklyn Museum

Last week, I visited the Killer Heels exhibition at Brooklyn Museum, and I loved it! I barely leave Manhattan, but when I do, I like going to Brooklyn––unless I'm out in Princeton visiting my friends... Brooklyn Museum, especially, is one of my favourite places in the borough because it's super pretty and it has a very wide collection, with all sorts of events going on all the time.

Right now––and until February 15, 2015––they're hosting an exhibition called Killer Heels. When I first heard of it, I was a little reluctant to go because, as much as I love heels––you barely need to throw a short glance at my closet to notice that––I wasn't really sure about going to an exhibition about heels. I felt it was not worthy at all...

But thank God I was convinced to go. The exhibition hosted a quite large collection of high heels from different periods in history and coming from different parts of the world. Of course, I would say that more recent types of high heels were more common, but they had some amazing oldies. To be honest, I would have liked to see more writing about the actual history of heels––rather than just showing an artfully arranged collection––but I still liked what they had. There were also videos and posters to top up the exhibit. One of my favourite videos was an excerpt of the movie Some Like It Hot––which I totally want to see!

I didn't take any pictures of the exhibit at all because––as usual––lightning was not the best. I also really want to encourage those of you who can make it there to go. If you're not that into heels, I guess you can scan through it and go off to visit other parts of the museum!

Love,
  Photography: Laura Belru