September 25, 2013

In Love With Tweed

Portrait

I think I might be starting to get a little too obsessed with statement jackets. Remember the one from last week's post? Well, apparently that was only the start of a big affair with those beauties... The jacket is probably one of my all-time favourites. I've owned for several years, and every fall I wear it over and over again. It's just one of those amazing, timeless pieces of clothing that we all have in our wardrobes and we never get tired of wearing!

The story?

Back in the day, my just-become-fashion-conscious self decided to love Chanel. I think I still love it, but, back then, it was more like a cult! The design of my sweet sixteen––which is actually fifteen in Latin America––party dress was inspired on Chanel. I spent hours tearing up pictures of Chanel designs of magazines... Only to try and sketch them afterwards!––I should totally search for those drawings somewhere... I'm sure they weren't too bad!

So, when in New York with my mum during high school fall break, and I saw this amazing jacket, which is totally Chanel-inspired... I had to own it! Luckily, my mum loved it as well, so she bought it for me. And here I am, more than five years after that, still wearing it, and loving it!

Do you like it as much as I do? How would you wear it?

Love,