March 11, 2014

Travel Diaries: Conference Days In New York

New York, March 2014

As I told you yesterday, last Monday was the last day I had a normal life during my stay in New York, except for probably Sunday. Starting on Tuesday, my life consisted of committee sessions, fundraising, organ meetings, wine lists––whatever that means––, security shifts at late hours of the night, never ending voices on walkie, starvation, and sleep deprivation.

New York, March 2014

But it was still definitely one of the best weeks of my life. And I loved it!

It all ended happily in the UN headquarters on Saturday. At that moment, I felt like I hadn't slept in a week –which was true, unless sleeping 3 hours a day counts as sleeping– and as if I had been standing for two days in a row –which was also partially true thanks to my late-night security shifts. But it still was worth it.

While waiting to be allowed to enter the UN building, I had the chance of taking some outfit photos of my fashionable Swedish friend Jakob, who happily posed!

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

Inside the UN, my beautiful cuddle-buddy Shirley received these wonderful flowers from her former Faculty Advisor, only because she is the best!

New York, March 2014

Then Heather––my Assistant Director––and I tried to invade the Commission on the Status of Women's meeting that was taking place that day. Unfortunately, we only were allowed to take pictures with the sign, but no invasion could be effectively done.

New York, March 2014

And then we went to a diner close by, where I had a chocolate milkshake to refill my energies. And sit down, finally!

New York, March 2014

Love,