March 12, 2014

Travel Diaries: Bye, Bye, New York!

Sadly, every time I go to New York, I feel I haven't spent enough time there. And this time was definitely not the exception. The moment I realised I had to fly back home, I cried. Why can't I stay there for the rest of my life?

New York, March 2014

Despite my trip being too short, I had an amazing time on my last day in the City. I finally had time to sleep, so I woke up around 9am, the latest I had been able to wake up in the whole week.

I then went to brunch with my lovely friend Ramya, in Brooklyn Diner, on 57 between 7th and 8th. I went for a classical set of pancakes with some Earl Grey tea, while she had three poached eggs with crispy polenta. The most important part, however, was definitely the time we spent together, talking about life and dreaming of New York!

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

I then left Ramya at the hotel and went for a walk on 5th Ave., only to end up meeting handsome Jakob––who I introduced yesterday––in Macy's. We bought some dresses for my mum, and a pair of boots for myself, before walking back to Saks Fifth Avenue to have some tea. Again, I enjoyed a wonderful time talking about life and getting to know better my Swedish friend.

New York, March 2014

Before having to grab my bags and head off to the airport, I still had some time to do some shopping. So I headed to Henri Bendel––which I love, as you might have noticed by now––and got a beautiful bracelet. I also stopped by Louis Vuitton to place a special order.

Now I'm back home, writing this post and dreaming of New York. But don't you worry, because I'll be back there before you can imagine! Am I the only one who loves New York from the bottom of my heart?!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio