March 5, 2014

Travel Diaries: New York, Day 1

After a very long delay in my flight, I finally made my way to New York on Saturday, around noon. As soon as I got down from the plane and passed through immigration, I went to find some quick lunch, checked in at the hotel, and made my way into the city to enjoy every single bit of it.

This time, I decided to stay––only for a night, due to my conference, which is taking place at the Hilton in Midtown Manhattan––at The Strand Hotel. This is a beautiful hotel in the middle of the garment district, which was the perfect location for some work affairs I had to do during the weekend. Of course, as soon as I came in, I couldn't help but smile to my lovely lady companion and jump on the fluffy bed.

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

Unfortunately, I had to go out and do some business for a while, which was actually my favourite part of the day. After that, I headed out for a walk around the enchanted streets of my favourite city in the whole world. I went to Fifth Avenue straight to Central Park and then walked in Park Avenue on my way back to the hotel.

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

After such a long and relaxing walk, I realised I hadn't eaten a proper meal in the whole day, so I decided to go to my hotel's restaurant, The Strand Bistro, and eat something very American: a burger. Which was actually very good! I don't usually eat meat––and even less frequently if it's in a burger––but I felt like I needed this American experience on my first night back here.

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

I then went for a while to the rooftop of the hotel, and enjoyed the view. I could have stayed looking at it forever, but my body was asking for a break, so I headed back to my room and had the best night's sleep.

New York, March 2014

New York, March 2014

Come back tomorrow for my travel diaries from Sunday!!!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio