December 17, 2014

The Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

The christmas tree at Rockefeller Center is one big monster. It's absolutely huge––although beautiful––and every time I see it––usually in my morning runs because I can't stand the crowds in the place at "normal" hours––I can't help but think about the impossible amount of lights that decorate it. I've tried to come up with a number of lightbulbs but I would say it's so big that I can't even think of a number that seems like a rational guess. But it's still a beautiful tree...

You know I'm obsessed with fairy lights, and I particularly love shooting them un-focused because they look bigger and prettier. So I had to shoot the tree with some effects. Although I did include some normal pictures so you get to see its natural beauty if you can't make it to New York this year!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio