July 9, 2013

Travel Diaries: Au Revoir, Paris!

Out sixth (and last) day in Paris started at the bautiful Pont des Arts! The rest of the day was spent visiting two of my favourite places in the city: Île de la Cité and the Quartier Latin. I don't know why, but there's something about these places that is so magical, that it takes longer for me to walk out of them than it takes for me to want to come back.

Pont des Arts

Pont des Arts

Pont des Arts

And here's also where my geek side comes out. When I noticed I could understand enough French to read French literature classics, I started spending long hours reading Balzac (my favourite), Victor Hugo, Zola... And maybe that's where my love for this two comes from. In the end, their masterpieces illustrate perfectly the magical essence of these places!

If you haven't read them, I'm quite sure you've at least heard of Notre Dame. Even if it's only on Walt Disney's movie. And, although the church is absolutely magnificent on its own, what I love the most about it are all the details. If you take the time to look around, there are thousands of beautiful details that build up the real essence of this amazing place.

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Cathedrale de Notre Dame

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio