July 15, 2013

Travel Diaries: Welcome to Milan

Our travel from Monaco to Milan took most of the day. However, we arrived just in time for a late lunch, which was –as it should always be when you just arrive in Italy– pizza! Luckily, we found a traditional pizzeria (remember to always look for the forno de legna to make sure you're eating the best!) only two blocks away from our hotel!

Milan

We decided to share a 4 formaggi (I don't really remember which cheeses it had, but I'm quite sure two of theme were mozzarella and pecorino) and a 4 staggioni (which was a delicious mixture of cheese, prosciutto, artichokes and olives).

Milan

Milan

Milan

Although our pizzas were absolutely yummy, I also loved how the place looked like. There were bottles of wine everywhere, and fairy lights. I don't know if it's just a bit of my childhood that refuses to leave, but there's something about fairy lights that makes me go mad about them! However, what I liked the most about the place was the kindness of the waitress. She's an absolute gem. I love her!

Milan

Milan

After lunch, we went out for a walk around Corso Genova, but got tired really quick. We then got back to the hotel, had a long shower and went to bed.

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio