July 5, 2013

Travel Diaries: A Day In Versailles

Versailles. If there's a reason why I'd loved to be a real life princess it's to live in this magnificent palace and be able to play hide and seek with my royal friends in the gardens. I wouldn't be sad if I had Marie Antoinette's Petit Trianon as my dollhouse, or if I could go horse riding in the backyard...

This museum/palace is a place I loved from the first moment I stepped in when I went there for the first time. I loved (and I still do) how you feel like you've been taken back in time when you see al the decorations, the sculptures, the incredible luxury...

Versailles

Versailles

Versailles

Versailles

Versailles

But one thing I also adore about this place, is having hot chocolate in Angelina. It's the absolute perfect break in the middle of your visit to the museum, to recharge energies and be able to fully enjoy the Musical Fountains in the gardens!

So, when we went to visit Versailles (my sister probably loves it now more than I do), we had to stop at Angelina! And we had to drink the super classic (and even more delicious) hot chocolate! However, since it was lunch time, we needed some proper food before. We had an Angelina club sandwich and spaghetti with caviar. After this, we were ready for dessert: hot chocolate, tarte chocolat and a mont blanc. Absolutely perfect!

Angelina

Angelina

Angelina

Angelina

Angelina

Angelina

Angelina

By the end of the day (and despite the huge amount of calories we had for lunch), we were a bit tired, so we decided to go back to the hotel early. However, I then spent the night out with an old friend, watching a football match. I never realise how much I miss him until I see him. And this time I realised that I do wish I could spend more time with him more often... It's a shame we live in two totally different continents!

Bonne nuit,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio