July 8, 2013

Travel Diaries: Paris Day 5

Our fifth day in Paris was mostly about the shopping, although there's always time to do some proper tourism. We woke up early to go to the Musée de l'Armée. There's something about it I really like, and it probably comes from the long hours spend discussing war propaganda for my GCSE History Exams! In any case, although I'd never like to have a war again (yeah, BIG dreams there!), it's fascinating to see how all this propaganda worked!

Pont Alexandre III

Musée de l'Armee

Musée de l'Armee

Musée de l'Armee

Musée de l'Armee

Musée de l'Armee

Musée de l'Armee

Musée de l'Armee

By the way, have you ever seen that even Vogue Magazine covers were full of nationalist ideas during the wartime? It's absolutely amazing!

We then had lunch neat Galeries Lafayette (nothing amazing, so I'm not posting food pictures this time), and then spend the rest of the day shopping. I also had to do some work (a super long paper about Microfinance and Women Empowerment), so I spent most of the afternoon writing it.

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio