July 17, 2013

Travel Diaries: Day 3 in Milan

Our third––and last––day in Milan was a Sunday, which meant that we had some time to rest and take it easy. We spent the morning in the hotel, watching Italian TV and having toasts with Nutella and tea for breakfast.

We finally decided to go out for lunch, and this time we chose a place called Pane e Vino. We had Caprese salad (my favourite) for a starter, and then I chose to eat pizza with tomato and mozzarella, while my sister had spaghetti carbonara. It was delicious and the place was really cozy.

Milan

Milan

Milan

Milan

Milan

Milan

It was sales weekend, so many shops were open in the afternoon. I went to Rinascimento, an Italian store I love. We also had gelato in a Café near our hotel.

Milan

Milan

In the evening, I went out with two friends I hadn't seen in a while. We decided to go and have a drink while we chatted about our lives. I had a rum-based cocktail, with lemon and ginger. I don't know why, but there's something about the ginger that makes any drink special. It was really good, but the presentation was nothing astonishing –which is why I didn't take any pictures!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio