November 26, 2014

Restaurant Outings: Novecento

It seems like the last time I actively took pictures of delicious food and uploaded them to the blog was years ago! The last time I remember doing it was when I visited Don Antonio for the first time, and before then, when I took my family to Fig & Olive. For some reason, although I eat out quite a lot––who doesn't in New York?––I had sort of forgotten the pleasure that it is to take pictures of good food. Although, to be honest, my favourite part is seeing them afterwards and remembering the amazing flavour of the food!

I went recently to Novecento, an Argentinian bistro in Lower Manhattan. Although the food was indeed delicious, I should warn you that I'm a little biased about it because Argentinian food reminds me a lot about home and spending entire afternoons eating this type of food with my family.

Restaurant Outings: Novecento

As usual, I had to try as many dishes as possible, so I went with a couple of friends to make sure we would all eat lots and lots. We started out with a Trio Argentino, which had morcilla, chorizo and mollejas, together with the best chimichurri I've had in quite a while...

Restaurant Outings: Novecento

We then had some salads (Caprese and arugula salad, nothing very extravagant)...

Restaurant Outings: Novecento

Restaurant Outings: Novecento

...with empanadas Novecento...

Restaurant Outings: Novecento

...and steamed mussels with white wine sauce.

Restaurant Outings: Novecento

We skipped dessert, but only because we went to Magnolia to get some Banana Pudding, just to keep up with a little tradition of ours. I'm most likely going back to Novecento though, so you'll probably see some dessert pictures soon!

You can find the full dinner menu here.

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio