November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Although this year I missed out on my friend D's amazing turkey and Thanksgiving dinner, today is still a day to be thankful for. Even though I'm far away from my family and most of my lifetime friends, I have finally come to a point where I call New York my home, and I am absolutely loving my new life here. I definitely have to be thankful for that!

I'm thankful for New York and its craziness. 
I'm thankful for all the new friends I've made, and from the old ones that have now become my family. 
I'm thankful for my family, who has showed me they can be very close to me, even if we're miles apart. 
I'm thankful for school––yes, I'm a geek––and all the wonderful things I've learned this year. 
I'm thankful for art history and the Met Museum. 
I'm thankful for a potential Ph.D application. 
I'm thankful for finding a new obsession for photography and for everyone who takes the time to see my pictures every day. 
I'm thankful for seeing my dreams slowly coming true. 
I'm thankful for life!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio