August 9, 2013

Travel Diaries: New York, Day 4


On our fourth day in New York, we woke up early to do some work at the Fashion District. For those of you who are interested, my mum owns a boutique, and she gave us the honourable task of curating the items she’ll be selling for the fall. I felt really proud that she trusts us so much, and I truly loved doing this type of job. In the end, who wouldn’t love shopping for a job?

After such a long morning working, we ate lunch at Luke’s Lobster one of my favourite places in the city. Diego suggested we should get the so-called Noah’s Ark, which is a combination of Lobster, Crab and (something else I can remember) rolls, but I chose to have my beloved Lobster Roll. We had it with the hand-made sodas they sell at the place, which were also pretty delicious.



After lunch, we walked all the way up to the MoMA, where we watched a movie. It was called National Security and, although I was a bit shocked by the end of the movie, I must admit that it was really good. It was mainly about torture in South Korea in the 80s, so I didn’t like that part… But the effects were really good and the protagonist was a great actor. And, although it was a bit crude, it was just perfect to illustrate reality!


Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio