August 13, 2013

New York: The Last Weekend


As I told you on yesterday's post, my last weekend in New York was a very exciting one. It all started on Thursday, when Diego and I woke up at noon, had a lazy breakfast in bed (made of orange juice and cereal with soymilk) and then headed out to the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop to eat their delicious salty pimp (i.e. ice cream with salt).



I was then off to the Hilton at the Ave. of the Americas, which I didn't leave until Sunday, having one of the best adventures in life. I had the time to get inspired at the wonderful New York Public Library and write about maternal health in the sex industry, as well as being part of a wonderful leadership workshop, based on individual personalities. There was also time for some fun, which included spending a whole afternoon at Central Park and having dinner at the wonderful Ellen's Stardurst Dinner.





The people that spent the weekend with me are all absolutely amazing and I couldn't have changed the time I spent with them for anything. I learned a lot, and I grew as a person. I really can't thank them enough for giving me such an amazing time!

Now I'm back home –back to reality– and working hard. I miss my Diego and my loves from the Hilton. I wish I could go back now!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio