August 12, 2013

Travel Diaries: New York, Day 6


On my sixth day in New York, Diego and I went for lunch to The Smith, in East Village.


For a starter, we ate the most delicious fried calamari. I loved them because they had spicy tomato sauce, which was something completely new to me. I don't know how common this is, but it was no less than a new food adventure in my life.


Then came the grilled chicken paillard, which was probably one of the best combination of chicken-salad I've ever had in my life. The chicken had this truly unique grilled taste, the salad was fresh and the dressing was absolutely appropriate!


We were full after lunch, but we definitely wanted some dessert. So we went all the way up to the Upper West Side, where we had dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies at Levain. We actually shared one, since they are monstrous! If you've ever had them, you might understand why: their size is just completely out of normal! And so is their taste: best cookies ever!



We went back home walking, taking our time to digest all that food. We went to Lincoln Center and enjoyed the water fountain, and had a good night sleep before the weekend. I'll explain more about it on my next post, but my weekend was the most exciting I've had in a while, so that's why this day was more of a relaxing type of day!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio