August 10, 2013

Travel Diaries: New York, Day 5


I've realised that, so far, my trip to New York has been an eating adventure. I don't know if you've noticed it, but all I've been doing so far is eating! I've actually been working for the past couple of days (which is the real reason why I came here), but most of the week was spent eating unhealthily!

My fifth day in New York was no exception to the rule... So I had Poutine in Pommes Frites for breakfast. This was probably a bit unhealthy (and I don't even feel guilty about it!) but it was absolutely delicious! Who doesn't like fries at any time of the day?!


We then had lunch at Miss Lily's, where I ate the most delicious fish sandwich ever. And let me tell you this takes a lot, since I'm not that much of a fish lover. Getting me to say that something that has fish in it –except if it's sushi– is that delicious actually breaks a record!


For the drink... I chose watermelon juice from Melvin's Jukebox –at Miss Lily's as well. This was, too, absolutely delicious! But I must tell you that what I liked the most about the place was the music. It was all tropical and full of energy and it couldn't go better with the decorations and the general idea of the place. If you don't believe me, you should totally try hearing their broadcast at Radio Lily!



We then spent a few hours in the sun at Washington Square Park, until we got soaking wet because a boy started playing with the water in the fountain... Refreshing, but not quite appreciated!


After that, we went to Strand to do these geek things I love like finding cool books –and a couple for college, too– and going over my favourite fashion books.

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio