December 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My dad's birthday was on Wednesday, and my sister and I decided we should make him happy for the day. So we made a a reservation in one of our favourite restaurants––Harry's Bar––and invited him to lunch.

He's absolutely a meat person––I guess I didn't learn to eat from him––so he ordered baby-back ribs. I was so tempted to try them that I asked for a bit... And they were just amazing! The barbecue sauce was made with guava––a tropical fruit that has a sweet flavour––which made the sauce really soft and delicious. Plus, it had a unique taste!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My sister and I decided to share the Harry's Bar Ravioli. These are filled with crab and salmon, and they have Bechamel sauce with some tomatoes. They're so delicious I could eat them every single day of my life!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

We also ordered some asparagus with butter as a side to share. One of the things I like the most of this restaurant are the side dishes. They're made to share, so they're huge. And if you have a bigger appetite than we had that day, it means that you can actually try different sides –and trust me, they're all delicious!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Finally, we ordered chocolate cake with nocciola in the inside and vanilla ice cream. This was a bit of a sugar overdose –especially considering we were having Birthday cake later on that day– but absolutely delicious. I could never eat one of those by myself, but when you're sharing with your family it gets better!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

After going back home, we sand Happy Birthday to my dad and let him have his birthday wishes. My wish for him is to be happy, and I hope he was that day!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio