August 4, 2014

Travel Diaries: Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

After spending most of the summer working, I finally have the chance to get some rest before starting grad school in the fall. To be honest, I thought I wouldn't have holidays at all this season, but my dad decided to bring me back to where I was born––Cartagena––to spend some quality time with him before I move to New York. So far, it has been amazing. I've spent almost two days napping and reading by the pool, I've visited my favourite restaurant in the world––which you'll meet tomorrow––and have been treated like a princess by my dad.

We arrived last Saturday in the afternoon, so we came directly to our hotel––Santa Clara––in the centre of the city. We were super hungry so we had a quick lunch in a small Thai restaurant near the hotel, and then we spent the rest of the day by the pool, where we ate ice cream and relaxed. We then got a shower and made ourselves look decent, and went for a walk around town. It had been a very long time since I last came here, and I really missed the magic of the old streets.

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio