August 5, 2014

Travel Diaries: Cartagena Day 2

Life in Cartagena is everything but hard. I've spent endless hours by the pool, relaxing and reading, while getting tanned.

Cartagena

On Sunday, we went for lunch at my favourite restaurant of all times: Restaurante Árabe Internacional, which serves Arab food. Ever since I was a little kid, I remember going to this restaurant with my parents and one of their friends, Captain Alonso, to have lunch on Sundays at this restaurant. I remember indulging myself on tahine and quibbes and never wanting to leave without eating enough almond rice. Of course, going back after several years made me realise how much I missed the authentic flavours of its kitchen and how much I can eat when it comes to Arab food!

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

We also had a short walk before going back to the hotel, where we spent the rest of the day, where we saw the sunset –although the day evening was a little cloudy, which was a shame to my pictures– and relaxed for another while!

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Cartagena

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio