April 2, 2014

Birthday Celebrations: The Food

It's definitely not a secret how big of a foodie I am. So, of course, I had to go out to a good restaurant to celebrate my birthday. In fact, I went to two: one on Saturday evening and one on Sunday for lunch––although this event is unrecorded because dumb me left the camera at home! But when I went for dinner with my family to one of my favourite restaurants, called 100 gramos, I did manage to shoot some yummy pictures. In case you're wondering, it's my favourite restaurant because every dish is served in a 100 g portion, which means they are small enough so you can eat at least 3-4 and try lots of different things.

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Of course, I had to eat more than what a normal person eats, and overdosed myself with no less than 9 different dishes––without counting bread, tea, and birthday cake! Here we go...

I started with a delicious strawberry juice, which was as good as it looks!

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Then came some pain brioche, which was mostly eaten by my mum, who could basically live out of bread!

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

The first actual dish to be served, was a bowl of fried eggplant...

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

...followed by some cold salmon slices with oranges and olive oil.

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Then I had some crab terrine with toasts...

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

...and a Spanish tortilla with Iberic ham...

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

...shrimp salad...

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

...and shrimp soup with coconut milk...

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

...followed by chicken wings.

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Then came dessert, starting with chocolate ganache and Baileys ice cream...

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

...and followed by a lemon cream with vanilla ice cream

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

After all this food, some tea was required, which I drank while they brought the check in this oversized cookie!

Restaurant: Cien Gramos

And then I was ready to blow the candles off and eat some cake!

Birthday Girl

Love,

Photography: Laura Beltran-Rubio